National Service Scheme has two units in this institution, units 40 and 88. Hundred volunteers are divided into two units under the guidance of Programme Officers M.R Anil Kumar (Asst. Professor of Malayalam) and Sivasankar S (Asst. Professor of English). National Service Scheme has a kept a good record in the history of this institution. With regular works and special camps the activities of this academic year was satisfactory.
- World environmental day june 5 th celebtrated.
- From june 5 to 10 the and social forestry activities conductedand planted around 2000 trees in and around campus.
- International Yoga Day was observed properly on 2st of the month of June.The function was inaugurated byProf. Anithakumari P.N,the Principal of the college.
- Onam Feast and celebrations were organized on 9 September 2016 by the NSS units. The programme wassupportedby the College Union, NCC Cadets, Teachers and non-teaching staff of the college.
- The student Parliamentagainst narcotics organized on October………..was supported by the Kerala State Excise Department. 40 students from the Ottapalam Educational District participated in the debate conducted and it was a well organized programe where 200 volunteers from the college also participated.
- On 31 October, Rashtriya Ektha Divas was observed. Auditorium cleaning was a big event.
- The summer Camp was conducted at PTMYHS edappalam from 23 to 29 December 2016. Organic Farming in t2 acres of land was a big event. Volunteers also constructed a sand bund across the river Nila. The summer camp was supported by VilayoorGramaPanchayath.
- Made a second sand bund across the river Nila in paruthur panchayath
- Made a third sand bund across the river Nila in pattambi municipality
- There is campus cleaning programme conductingTwice a month in every year – Total 18 days and 90 days in an year.
With its regular works and special camps, the National Service Scheme is seriously active in our institution.
REGULAR ACTIVITIES OF NSS UNITS 40 AND 88
The activities of the NSS units 40 and 88 of our institution took a different dimension in this year. Other than celebrating days of national importance, the volunteers put their complete effort in helping the people of Kerala during the time of flood. When flood affected Palakkad District the timely interference of volunteers helped our NSS units to collect food, clothing and other necessary materials for the people who inhabit the flood affected areas. Soon the flood struck the entire state. This was the moment of realising the power of NSS. Old students, former NSS Programme officers, former NSS Volunteers, Principal and teachers of the institution helped us collect all sorts of materials to make flood relief activities a success. The materials collected were distributed to the relief camps of Nilambur.
Days of national and international importance were observed and celebrated. This include,
- Republic Day
- Women’s Day
- World Environment Day
- International Yoga Day
- NSS Day.
- Gandhi Jayanthi.
- World Forest day
Cleaning Campaigns taken up by the Units turned successful as these activities were extended to the society. In collaboration with Pain and Palliative care Unit, Pattambi, our volunteers extended the service of NSS to the people who are in need. As part of Gandhi Jayanti 10 NSS volunteers participated in the cleaning activities held at Palakkad Fort conducted by the NSS District Team. The moto ‘Clean and Green Campus’ is initiated by the NSS and as a part of this the campus was kept clean and garden was prepared in various parts of the campus. NSS Volunteers volunteered in the festival of Poetry organised by the Department of Malayalam of our Institution. In collaboration with the Excise Department, NSS units conducted an anti drug campaign and street play.
In connection to the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhai Patel ‘Rashtriya ekta Divas’was celebrated on October 31. In Collaboration with The Social Justice Department, a transgender awareness programme was conducted in October 2019. As a part of extending hands to serve the society, the volunteership campaign was organized in the campus in collaboration with SOLACE Youth.
The NSS units were planned various programmes in connection to Childrens day. The district youth festival of NSS will be held on 16 th November with the theme “Gandhi at 150”. Our volunteers will participate in various programmes. A Blood donation camp also planned during November 2019. The seven Day Special Camp will be held during Christmas Vacation.