National Service Scheme has two units in this institution, units 40 and 88. Hundred volunteers are divided into two units under the guidance of Programme Officers M.R Anil Kumar (Asst. Professor of Malayalam) and Sivasankar S (Asst. Professor of English). National Service Scheme has a kept a good record in the history of this institution. With regular works and special camps the activities of this academic year was satisfactory.
- World environmental day june 5 th celebtrated.
- From june 5 to 10 the and social forestry activities conductedand planted around 2000 trees in and around campus.
- International Yoga Day was observed properly on 2st of the month of June.The function was inaugurated byProf. Anithakumari P.N,the Principal of the college.
- Onam Feast and celebrations were organized on 9 September 2016 by the NSS units. The programme wassupportedby the College Union, NCC Cadets, Teachers and non-teaching staff of the college.
- The student Parliamentagainst narcotics organized on October………..was supported by the Kerala State Excise Department. 40 students from the Ottapalam Educational District participated in the debate conducted and it was a well organized programe where 200 volunteers from the college also participated.
- On 31 October, Rashtriya Ektha Divas was observed. Auditorium cleaning was a big event.
- The summer Camp was conducted at PTMYHS edappalam from 23 to 29 December 2016. Organic Farming in t2 acres of land was a big event. Volunteers also constructed a sand bund across the river Nila. The summer camp was supported by VilayoorGramaPanchayath.
- Made a second sand bund across the river Nila in paruthur panchayath
- Made a third sand bund across the river Nila in pattambi municipality
- There is campus cleaning programme conductingTwice a month in every year – Total 18 days and 90 days in an year.
With its regular works and special camps, the National Service Scheme is seriously active in our institution.